Update: LG already document this, and describe a better solution, so don’t bother reading this blog post.
Make sure to:
- Connect your TV to the Internet (e.g. by ethernet, though wifi supposedly works too, if you have an expensive adapter of some sort)
- Set your computer up as a DVLA server (using software such as Serviio)
- Have a USB stick plugged into the TV (this is required, even though we won’t use the USB stick…)
Now, whenever you want to stream a video from your computer to your monitor:
- Press ‘Input’ on the LG remote
- Select ‘USB’
- Select ‘Movie List’
- Select ‘Change device’ (by pressing the red button)
- Select ‘DLNA: Servio’ (or similar)
- Select ‘Video’
- Select ‘Titles’
- Then select the video you wish to watch!
Your video should now be streamed from your computer to your LG television.